Thursday, August 27, 2009

Good Morning my lovelies !


It is a gorgeous morning here in Hawaii, and I am just settling down at the computer after a busy start - it's just 8am and I have already dressed and showered (listen, that's big news around here) and gotten the kids dressed and fed, and made a lunch for Lucy and walked them both to school.


Well.....technically I walked Max halfway to school. I got him across the busy road and down the street to the crossing guard and took a big deep Grown Up breath, and let him walk the rest of the way by himself - about 4 blocks. I would just like it noted that I only shouted "Bye Honey I looooove Yooouuuuuu" twice. Okay, maybe three times. And I didn't stand there on the corner and stare at him walk away. I lifted my chin, sucked in the tears, and turned around and headed back the way I had come. *sob*


I did walk Lucy right into her classroom - pausing only to watch this poor, heartbroken little boy sobbing and shouting goodbye at his mom. Oh, he was fierce in his love for mommy, and so MAD that she was leaving. Thank god Lucy is totally down with me dropping her off and leaving - I don't htink i could bear to leave her sobbing and shrieking in a classroom. No matter how big my big girl panties might be.


And so now I am home again......alone. And I am pleased to report that yesterday I accomplished my task of cleaning both kids' rooms. Not only did I sort out, throw out, and bag for the yard sale - but I also CLEANED. Like, moved beds and other furniture around to vacuum under them kind of cleaned. Serious cleaned.


A few before and afters for your reference:


Max's room before



and after



Lucy's room before



and after



But really, the best way to tell is to look in here - our bathroom/yard sale storage area
Before:



And this morning - not even close to done gathering items, but it's a start !



Today I have a list of things to do, and much less time in which to accomplish the items on it.

First, the mortgage. We have been stuck in the quagmire that is the Mortgage Affordability Act. So today, I have printed out a brand new application, and we are starting over. Again.

This. Sucks.

So after thoroughly dissecting our finances, which is ALWAYS a good time, I am going to attempt to tackle our bedroom - it's a mess (seriously - way worse then the kids' rooms if I am being honest with myself).

I can hear you cheering for me, but frankly, your level of enthusiasm disappoints me. Perhaps you could attempt to work up a little more SPIRIT and really get my heart racing. Jeez. Have an espresso or something.

Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment