Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day One. It was only a half day, so...

Listen. I can't count 8-11am as "the first day of the rest of my life" because that is just PATHETIC.

Plus, it was drizzling and gray.

So I got a few things accomplished, but it certainly wasn't a benchmark for the days to come. I hope. Otherwise, seriously, this blog is going to be profoundly boring.

I started with a bloody mary. Which led to a swift change in plans - from "clean out kitchen drawers" to "take a nap". And then it was 11am and my first day was over and gee whiz - this empty nest thing is going to be a BREEZE ! I can't *believe* I was worried about how I was going to fill my days !

Tomorrow I have more lofty goals. Beginning with "Don't drink a bloody mary at 8am because it really slows you down."

(sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment